Interested in learning the fixes for QuickBooks fatal error? If yes, then reading this post till the end will help. QuickBooks fatal error often appears with a waring message: QuickBooks has encountered a problem on start up. This may be due to an invalid software license. Insert the QuickBooks CD into the computer and then reinstall the software. If you encounter the problem again, contact technical support. The user can see this issue due to a bunch of factors, which we will be mentioning later in this post. Thus, make sure to read this post till the end or contact our team at 1-888-351-0999 and we will provide you with immediate support services.
What causes QuickBooks fatal error?
One might often come across fatal error due to the following reasons:
• One of the basic reasons can be if the pos installation itself is damaged
• Another possible trigger can be if the internet connection is interrupted
• The user can also face similar issue if the windows installer file gets damaged
• Also, if the company file data is damaged, then experiencing this issue is possible.
Steps to fix the QuickBooks fatal error
One can easily eliminate the fatal error by repairing the damaged windows installer. The steps involved in that case are as follows:
• Start with navigating to the downloads and updates site and download the external patch to update the software
• Now, end all QBPOS services processes by performing the below steps:
o Here the user needs to open the task manager
o After that navigate to the processes tab
o Once done with that look and end the process
o Now find and stop the services: QBPOS database manager vXX
This can be done by pressing the windows tab
After that, enter services.msc
Now, look for QBPOS database manager
Right click and choose stop
Close the services window
• Delete the contents of the update folder and ensure that you have the hidden files and folders
o Move to the C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks point of sale XX\UPDATE\
o Press ctrl + A and click on delete
• The last step is to close the explorer window and update the point of sale using the file downloaded initially.
See Also: write off bad-debt in QuickBooks desktop
This brings us to the end of this post where we hope that the steps above might help in dealing with the fatal error in QuickBooks. However, if you have any queries or if you require any sort of technical assistance, then in that case contacting our QuickBooks desktop support team at 1-888-351-0999 is recommended. We are a team of qualified QuickBooks professionals who work round the clock in providing instant support services.
Back to top