Are you irked by different kinds of QuickBooks Company file issues? Users can face different sorts of error codes when trying to open or modify the Company file through QuickBooks. Some of the commonly encountered company file errors include QuickBooks Error H505, QB Error code 6000, and other error codes in the 6xxx series, Error code 15xxx, and others. To get rid of these basic QuickBooks desktop company file errors, users can try out different troubleshooting strategies elaborated in this article. So, adhere to the instruction till the end.
Solutions to fix Company file data damage in QuickBooks
Implement the solutions discussed in this section to get the QuickBooks desktop Company file issues rooted out of your system.
Solution 1: Use the Rebuild tool for fixing the Company file issues
The Verify and Rebuild tools are efficient features that come integrated with QuickBooks. To use the tool for fixing Company file issues in QuickBooks, follow the below given walkthrough.
• Run QuickBooks as an admin, and then click on the File menu.
• Select the Rebuild Data option from the Utilities option in the File menu.
• Click Ok in the QuickBooks Information window. To save a backup, follow the onscreen instructions.
• Afterward, allow the program to fix your company file. The process may take a while for completion.
• Click on Ok when the tool is finished rebuilding the company file.
After this process, again hit on the File menu. Then choose Verify Data option under Utilities.
• Allow the tool to examine the company file which was previously rebuilt.
• Hit on Ok if QuickBooks detects no issues.
• You may now continue to use your QuickBooks Company file. There shouldn’t be any data loss in the file.
Back to top