The Installation error code 1402 is linked with the QuickBooks update process and as soon as this error shows up, the installation immediately gets halted. Pertinently, the message indicating this error states “Error 1402: Could not open key”. To fully get attuned to the various causes that can aid in the fixation of QuickBooks Install Error 1402, readers should follow the blog carefully.
Major causes behind QuickBooks Error 1402
The various causes of this QuickBooks installation are:
• Windows O/S suffered from certain corruptions which also affected the Windows components including MSXML, NET Framework, etc which are important for successful QuickBooks update.
• Virus infecting the computer
• Damaged QuickBooks installer files.
• QuickBooks was lastly installed incompletely.
• Windows Registry related errors could also pave way for this error.
Back to top