Over the period of time, Intuit has rolled out many new versions of QuickBooks Desktop, with each version offering special features for users. Due to the integration of distinct features in each version of QuickBooks, the system requirements for each of these versions are different.
The present article will lay entire focus on the System Requirements for QuickBooks Desktop 2023, 2022, 2021 & Older Versions. So, before setting up QuickBooks, it would be prudent if you read this full article to make sure that your system meets the necessary prerequisites for running this accounting program.
System requirements for QuickBooks Desktop 2023, 2022, 2021 and Older Version
The system requirements of QuickBooks Desktop 2023 and older versions are:
The following versions of MS Office are compatible with QB Desktop 2022 and other versions of QB Desktop.
• Office 2019.
• Office 2016 (including Outlook 2016).
• Office 2013 & Microsoft 365. However, the latter is supported only when installed locally. The web version of the same is not supported.
• Email estimates, invoices, and other forms with Microsoft Outlook 2016-2019, Microsoft Outlook with Microsoft 365, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and Outlook.com, and other SMTP-supporting email clients.
• Creating letters requires M.S 2019, 2016, and 2013 versions or Microsoft 365.
• Exporting reports requires M.S Excel 2019, 2016, and 2013 versions or Microsoft 365.
• Contact Synchronization with Outlook requires Outlook 2019(32-bit), 2016, or 2013.
• TurboTax 2021 (Personal and Business).
• Lacerte 2021.
• QuickBooks Point of Sale V19.0 and V18.0.
• Pro-Series tax year 2021.
• QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2022, 2021, 2020, and 2019.
• Quicken 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, and 2016.
• Adobe Acrobat Reader: It is required for Business Planner, Payroll, and viewing forms.
• Payroll and other online features and services require Internet access with at least a 56 Kbps connection speed (However, 1 Mbps is recommended).
• Gmail, Yahoo Email, Windows Mail, Hotmail, and AOL.
Back to top